We love our planet. And we only get one.
Catwalk Junkie is slowly shifting towards a mindful approach.
This means we have started integrating sustainability into our collection and its production and we make more conscious choices on a daily basis. We realize there is still a lot learn, but change is rarely an overnight thing. Right?
We want to be open and honest about this process.
Below, some of the environmentally friendly and ethical practices we have adopted so far. We will continue to make changes, one step at a time.
- Our collections are becoming more and more seasonless. We aim to create key pieces that bring versatility and a certain timelessness, so they can be worn much longer than just a season. Our essentials are designed for an array of occasions and go with just about anything in your arsenal.
- Each Catwalk Junkie treasure is created with a whole lot of attention to quality, ensuring a long life. It helps garments to stay in good shape much longer and cuts excessive consumption. To keep your favorites for ever, we recommend to follow both the care label of each garment and the care instructions on our website.
- In spring 2020, we have introduced our first line of recycled swimwear in an effort to reduce waste. We took some leftover fabrics from our production and turned it in something entirely new. We breathe new life into otherwise unused materials to prevent textile waste from going to landfill.
- From spring 2020 onwards, all 100% cotton Catwalk Junkie tees & sweats will be crafted from Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton. It’s grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment and the people who work on the land. GOTS-certified organic cotton is softer, free from toxic chemicals and therefore also gentler on the skin. Even if you are not suffering from allergies or sensitivities.
- Our collection comes to live with ethical practices in mind. We developed long and close relations with our production teams worldwide, to ensure that everyone involved in making our garments is treated fairly, safely and respectfully. We only produce in factories with a valid Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) audit. This initiative is committed to improving working conditions within the factories and farms in the global supply chain.